My name is Tara. I’m a travel enthusiast, freelance writer and communications specialist with a passion for international development, photography, good food and interesting company.
My strongest features are loyalty, determination, perseverance, an excitement for learning and the desire to help others.
While working towards my Master’s degree in International Development, I used the opportunity to try my hand at a few different types of work including: the financial sector, fundraising and non-profits, media and web writing, as well as government, inter-government and international development organizations. I quickly discovered that I really enjoyed writing and I excelled at it.
I’m most happy when I can combine my talents for writing and communication with the skills and knowledge that I’ve learned through my education, volunteer roles and life experiences in the pursuit of helping others.
Some of the things that I appreciate most in life include my ability to adapt to different environments and cultures, the lessons learned while living overseas and the extraordinary people I’ve met along the way.
In my free time, I enjoy photography, gardening, cooking and catching up with friends and former colleagues from around the world. You can learn more about my culinary adventures here: www.TheVillagePlate.com
These days you can find me living in the historic village of Williamstown, Ontario.
To learn more about working with me, click here.
- English – Native Speaker, Professional Capacity
- French – Intermediate/Advanced
- German – Beginner
- Master of Arts (MA) in International Development and Globalization: University of Ottawa – Ottawa, Canada
- Certification in Social Media: Algonquin College – Ottawa, Ontario
- Certificate in Social Media Compliance Management: Algonquin College – Ottawa, Ontario
- Certification in Gender and Development: University of the West Indies – Bridgetown, Barbados
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) with Honours in English Literature: University of Ottawa – Ottawa, Canada
- Certification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL): TESOL Institute – Toronto, Canada
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC): Canadian Securities Institute – Toronto, Canada
- South Korea,
- United Kingdom.